Thursday, December 09, 2004

12 steps to nothing

Are we meant to be this busy? That question kept racing through my mind yesterday while I was in a boardmeeting at work. During my day off on Tuesday, I had planned to just rest on my couch, read a little, pray and even possibly take a much needed nap. But one thing after another kept coming up pulling me away from any down time. That night during my staff gathering, I was wiped out. It killed me to be like that because that was the time I was most looking forward to. It seems I'm more busy on my day off then when I'm actually working.
Yesterday, I worked all day. There was a meeting afterwards, and then I raced over to pick up a friend on my way to see a good buddy of mine play at the Gaslighter.(Good show by the way-highlight of my day.) Having things occupy our time isn't all bad because investing in people and spending time doing important things is something I'm striving to do more of. But it seems that my life and my body is in constant motion to do, and yet my mind and spirit is wired to just be...still,silent,before the Lord. It is a strange dichotomy. A struggle that is always right underneath the surface-to put aside some of the small,meaningless things that I can do without, that I don't always have to consume time with something. I'm trying to make more of an effort to do less especially with the holiday madness that is Christmas looming on the horizon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home