Tuesday, February 01, 2005

straw-drawing 101

I was reading thru Acts again yesterday, and I noticed something peculiar that I didn't catch other times. The disciples were trying to decide who was gonna take Judas' spot and become one of the big 12, but they had these two guys to choose from. So, naturally, they pray about it and ask God to reveal to them who he wants. But get this, after all that praying, they just cast lots to determine who its gonna be. So it was basically like," Uhh, okay God, we're gonna draw straws here and please let the guy you want pick the longer one. Thanks."
Maybe thats what I gotta to do now...that after all this praying and seeking and meditating, I just gotta draw straws and trust that God will reveal the step he wants me to take...maybe what I really need to move on is just a little faith...is it that plain and simple?

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave. said...

Hi Danny. I believe it is as simple as that. It's all about choices; we can choose to do nothing and wait for God to show us but I believe it's down to us to try to push open the doors; God will close the wrong ones as long as we are looking to Him, so it also depends upon faith in Him to show us the plan He has for our lives. I know that can seem like a circular reason but sometimes we just have to get on with life and trust Him. You will know deep down when anything is wrong for you when you are looking to Him.

6:32 AM  
Blogger adam said...

a few years ago i was having lunch with a new acquaintance and he said to me - "what are you going to do, go sit on the top of Mt Tamalpias and wait for God to tell you what you should do?"

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home