Tuesday, December 13, 2005

THE WEEKEND / part two / SNL 7


Saturday
After getting our tix at 7am which actually came out to be 1,2 and 3 since Arlene took Dress Rehearsal, we all headed home for some much needed sleep. At around 5, we hooked up at the Met. They had an exhibit displaying a large number of drawings by Vincent van Gogh which I had been wanting to see. That place is ginormous...we got lost trying to find our way out.
When we got to NBC studios, I introduced the guys to Louis and Jamie(who are essentially the SNL reps to the public). Aaron got taken up first which made everyone uneasy as we had to wait some more but eventually Adam and I made it into the show as well. The two of us had great seats; unfortunately Aaron got the Jimmy Fallon seats (translation:horrible view). It was a great show nevertheless...Alec Baldwin was stupendous especially in the final elf sketch. I didn't care too much for Shakira...halfway into her "performance", Adam whispers to me," I'm embarrassed for her." I think the majority of the studio audience and beyond shared the same thought. Horatio was funny as Gene Shalit, and Weekend Update had a great "Brokeback Mountain" joke. After the show, we hung out a bit so we could see the cast. The super cool Will Forte came by and talked to the 3 of us for a few minutes. I got sweet photos of us with Will and then with Amy. We saw Dan Akroyd earlier, and Will Arnett was at the show again. To do all that with Adam and Aaron made this show the best ever.
Sunday
Kristie came in from Philly to meet us for church at the 411. It was cool for me to have them be a part of the experience and community there that I truly love. After that, we made our way to Union Square to hang out in the East Village before everyone had to get going. On our way to the train, we saw James Gandolfini chillin' next to a garbage bin talkin to a little girl. (It was the oddest sight ever which caught me off-guard more than usual when I see a celebrity.)
Aaron took off for his flight at 3:30 and Adam and Kristie left for their train at about 4:30. And I was headed home to get ready for the Karoake Christmas Party at the 411 which turned out to be a terrific end to an awesome weekend
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home