Thursday, September 29, 2005

initial thoughts

Needless to say, being here in NY is severely different from living back home. Just being exposed to the new sights and sounds(and, sometimes, smells) is fascinating. The pace of life here is much faster which naturally lends to a little more excitement and busyness. I'm staying in Queens right now which is a lot like living in San Francisco actually, but I try to get out to Manhattan whenever possible...there just so much to do there.
Getting to know my relatives out here has been a real blessing...I'm totally glad I got the opportunity to discover that side of my family. School and work is just that...I've gone from not being in school for about 2 years to having lectures in Advanced Organic Synthesis...not the most easiest subject to get things jump-started. But all that affords me the opportunity to have fun in the city.
I've gotten to see and do a bunch of stuff already. I'll post pics when I get a chance to figure that stuff out. But I've been to a couple of Yankee games...I'm a huge Yanks fan-just ask anybody who really knows me. So, that was awesome. I've hung out in Soho, NYU, Central Park, Union Square, Times Square...The Yankees had a huge projection screen at Bryant Park the other day televising their away game. I got to see my boy Tiger Woods at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square showing off his new game...I was at the NBA store in Rockerfeller Plaza to catch Dwayne Wade and Vince Carter promoting EA's new b-ball game.
The house I'm staying at is cool. I'm hardly there that often...Pretty much just to sleep, eat and shower. The guy renting me the room is pretty chill...Really interesting and intelligent fella.
I still can't believe I'm living in NY. If you were to tell me this a year ago, I'd think you were joking around. Heck, even 6 months ago and it was a super long shot. But here I am trying to make the most of it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home