Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New Orleans MT-4


I have to admit that as excited as I was to come to New Orleans, I was equally excited as I left. Not that I was eager to go back to school and work or anything...but there was a certain peace that filled me from knowing that there was still hope in that city, faith in better days to come.
I remember leaving Geraldine's house and hearing the gladness in her voice and sensing the confidence that the Lord's work that day gave her to push forward and move on. And I believe that was the general feeling from those around us as we left; that the people of New Orleans have started to close that tragic chapter of their lives and their city and are beginning to start another one...one of life renewed, an assurance restored. As my thoughts linger on those few days, I'll forever be thankful that the Lord allowed me to be a tiny part of His plans to usher forth His kingdom little by little in New Orleans by slowly mending broken hearts and lifting crushed spirits and healing damaged lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home