Sunday, November 06, 2005



Being part of the worship several times at the 411 and having lunch with Pastor Scott earlier this week just made it all seem to fit for me there at the fellowship. I'm excited about the prospect of beginning a new journey with the community there. After church this morning, I headed up to Central Park to catch some of the New York City Marathon. I've heard of it before but, like most things, its nothing like seeing and being there in person. Massive amounts of people cheering and hollering for the runners...it was cool to see all kinds of people from all kinds of places all over the world at a single event with a single goal in mind:to finish the race. What a feeling it must be to cross that finish line. As I was looking around at everything, I couldn't help but think of Paul's writings about running our own race and finishing it strong. Being at the marathon, in the midst of all that, really brought those words to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home