Tuesday, October 18, 2005

marvel-ous!

I walked into Midtown Comics( which I must say right off the bat is the sicest comic book haven I've ever seen or been in) the other day, and it took me right back to my childhood. I was big-time into comics as a kid...looking back now, I can see why. I realized comics allowed me the opportunity to forget whatever I was going thru and escape into worlds where anything was possible. I didn't have many friends as a little tike( due to a 'lil language barrier thing) and so, as pathetic as it sounds, Peter Parker and Iron Man and Wolverine were my pals. Heck, alot of English idioms and common phrases that I learned came from those pages every week. Movies and comics played the biggest part of my Americanization when I was growing up as a foreign kid here in the States.
But I digress...so I'm basically in heaven, walking around this place filled with glee when I walked upstairs and see this DarthVader statue staring at me. Now I would post a pic of it but seeing it online doesn't quite cut it but, holy smokes, it is bad-ass in real life. I just stood there mesmerized by this thing...the menacing red light saber, the flowing jet-black cape, those piercing eyes...ahh, so sweet!
They had all kinds of stuff on the 2nd floor. Seriously, I think I was up there for about two hours looking at all the action figures, statues, busts, and collectibles. Check it out http://www.midtowncomics.com/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home