Monday, January 23, 2006

I had such an awesome day yesterday. It started during the Sunday celebration when Pastor Scott asked those of us who went on the New Orleans trip to come up and share a bit about our experience down there. It was really cool to hear how the others saw it through their own eyes and perspective. As we were sharing stories with the church, my thoughts rushed down to Lee and Bonnie, Geraldine, Jeff and his wife and two hilarious kids...I can just see the joy on their faces, the laughter and good times we shared.
After serving with Pastor Scott, Ric, Kaiti, Kristen and Keith in New Orleans and seeing the Christ-like community that exists here at the 411 and how they have such a desire to worship the Lord in all aspects of life, I've decided to become a member. I hadn't pictured myself being part of a church this early, having only attended the 411 for a few months, but upon praying about it, I felt God calling me to take that step of faith and see where He'll lead me as I begin to serve here. So, last night was the first week of the 8-week New Members class; I had talked to Pastor Scott about this before and was totally excited to start the journey.
After the class, Pastor Scott and I went to see
The End of the Spear which is essentially the Jim Elliot story but told by Steve Saint whose father, Nick Saint, was one of the missionaries killed there. It was a very powerful and emotional movie; I was so pleased that it wasn't overtly "Christian" but done in a way where you wouldn't miss the message behind such tragedy and yet not be put off by religious undertones. As we left the theater, I found the movie to be a fitting end to a great day that started with a missional presentation in the morning and ended with one at night as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home