Wednesday, October 05, 2005

who knows?

I read somewhere( or maybe I heard it in a song?) that God places people in your life for a season, but its up to you to determine the reason. I'm starting to think thats true. We can't choose who comes into our lives but we can decide how to interact with them right?
Some times we don't even realize the impact a person has on us until they are no longer there...I believe that there are a few times where you can't determine the change or influence someone has on you until even later on in life...like after you go thru something or some major event occurs, then its like," Now I know why she was there" or "thats what that conversation was really about." Other times, you just might not be ready to see the change or mature enough to handle it.
I think part of the reason why we take people in our lives for granted is due to our inability( or lack of motivation) to figure out why they are there or have even taken time to contemplate the reason. Surely, we can't know in detail the extent of all our relationships but can't it be good to try? At least some of them? What if I tried serving those around me while growing with them and learning with and about them as well? What if this was attempted from my family to friends to co-workers to classmates to who knows?
And I'm just referring to the people with whom you spend the majority of life together. Because every so often in even rarer occasions, your life collides with another unexpectedly, seemingly by chance. But its within that one conversation or even brief moments together, that you're like," Hmm, wow...something just happened but I don't know what." And yet down the line, you come to understand the what and the why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home