Wednesday, December 07, 2005

SNL 6

I was so glad I caught Dane Cook in action...that guy is flippin' hilarious! His opening stand-up act really surprised alot of people who've never heard of him. Needless to say, he's gonna sell more cd's after that performance. I had never heard of James Blunt before that night but I found myself mesmerized during his two songs. His music was so full of emotion that I had to buy his cd the very next day...its incredible. The sketches were great tonight along with the "holiday" open and "Weekend Update". Oh and I saw a bunch of celebs too: Jack Black, Kim Cattrall, Matt Lauer, Tom Brokaw, The White Stripes...I got a picture with the amazing Will Arnett aka Amy Poehler's husband aka GOB as well. Ahh, its tough to beat free entertainment like this!
"WEEKEND UPDATE"
AMY POEHLER -- "In conjunction with the President's speech, the White House released a 35-page document titled "National Strategy for Victory in Iraq.' Wow, 35 pages. Apparently, they think Iraq's problems will be three times easier to resolve than a Nancy Drew mystery."
TINA FEY -- "A new study suggests that middle-aged adults who go on periodic drinking binges may face a heightened risk of dementia later in life. The study is titled 'National Strategy for Victory in Iraq.'"
POEHLER -- "A new poll reveals that 56 percent of Americans think Wal-Mart is bad for the country. While the other 44 percent work there."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home