Thursday, December 15, 2005

In case you haven't heard, theres are strong possibility of a transit strike by MTA workers starting tomorrow. Now, I won't even get into the politics and numbers of the whole thing b/c, personally, I think both sides are at fault but I'll stop right there. All I know is that about 7 million people use the subways and buses on an avg. day; throw in the holiday season and you can imagine the havoc a city-wide shut down will have on everything from schools to work to the economy. How do you accommodate the displacement of millions of people? Mayor Bloomberg had the nerve to encourage people to walk or ride bikes if they can...are you kidding me? Theres gonna be a huge snow storm tomorrow morning and you want people to be outside for more than 20 minutes? This is gonna be so bad...I didn't bring my car out here, and I can't walk to Manhattan. I am glad my finals are finished and school is reasonably close enough, I guess. The entire population of NYC is holding its collective breath, waiting to either exhale easily or let loose profanity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home