Tuesday, November 29, 2005

necessary evils?

Two things I'm fighting desperately against: 1) buying an iPod 2) getting a MySpace
With the iPod, they are so convenient especially now since I'm on buses and subways all the time. Everywhere I go, I see people with them...its a constant Apple commercial. I'm this close to getting the mini, and with Christmas around the corner...I really don't know how much longer I can hold off. But there are a couple forces working in my favor; one, I just bought a pretty sweet discman a few months back and two, my penchant for cd's.
Now for the terrifying notion of becoming a MySpacer, today marks the third time this week(this week! its only Tuesday, people...) that someone has inquired whether or not I have a MySpace. My feelings about this thing are well known(see previous posts a couple of weeks ago) so I can't foresee myself signing up for one. However, I do see the convenience it provides for long distance relationships...there are quite a few people I'd be able to connect with back home and beyond if I had an account. But then I'd develop the necessity to check it every 5 minutes like everyone else, and I just can't have that nonsense going on especially after having said what I've said about it in the past.
I can't succumb to the dark side...I just can't. But I can see Darth Vader right now beckoning me with a silver iPod mini in his right hand and using the Force with his left hand to float a laptop with my very own MySpace homepage on it. Really, D-Vade, thats not fair dude. How can I say no to that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home