Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Elephant King aka Tate's movie

Last night, Ric and I went to the world premeire of "The Elephant King" at the TriBeCa Film Festival. I've been wanting to go to the festival for quite some time now, and this was the perfect setting since Tate stars in it. First off, it is a great movie; I mean, sure, Tate rocks and everything but there are some really good performances by other cast members as well, most notably the guy who plays the older brother. Seth Grossman's (director/screen-writer) script doesn't drag at all but moves the plot along at a nice pace. You can tell he knew Thailand pretty well by the way he framed some of the scenes and captured the coloful settings, both at night and during the day. By the way, Tate can flat-out act; the boy had a couple of scenes with Ellen Burstyn(an Oscar winner) and more than held his own. I can tell he was pretty nervous at the premeire especially knowing his parents were about to watch his love scenes...it was pretty funny hearing his parents' reactions to those parts after the movie. From some of the scenes he showed us before, I expected the film to be good but it was better than I had thought. Ric and I want to make shirts that say "Yeah, we know the Elephant King" but I would've felt bad for those who didn't know him...just kidding, I wouldn't have felt bad. Sweet movie, Tate.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO know the Elephant King! Tate is the MAN.

11:08 AM  
Blogger danny said...

Tru dat!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home