Monday, December 13, 2004

Quarter-life crisis

Starting next Monday, I will be on vacation until the first week of January...oh how sweet does that sound? I just can't wait to sleep in and have time to do nothing. There a more than a few books I'm in the middle of and really want to finish so that I can start on some others I got last week. I'm looking forward to spending some time to myself...probably get away for a few days...somewhere close where I can drive to but yet far enough to be away. It'll be cool if I can make it out to Kirkwood to see Adam and Aaron's place.
Last night, I had a fortune cookie that read,"He who seeks will find." Not bad, sounds like that verse in Matthew...but the question is, how longs it gonna take? I've been seeking God's guidance and direction, trying to discern where or what He wants me to do next but for the most part, He's been silent. And I know that doesn't mean He's not responding just that He's not doing so the way I would like. Seriously, I would like to think that if I had a "burning bush" encounter, I would totally follow. The only think I can surmise is that maybe I'm not ready yet, that He's still working in me and around me in preparation of whats to come. Or that theres something now that I'm missing or supposed to be doing that I'm not.
Its so weird...one one hand I'm anxious and eager to dive right into the great things He's planned for me already...yet on the other, I'm sorta content with the here and now. There are things happening and different elements that I'm involved in that seems to be placed before me by God. So maybe, thats it. Maybe the reason He hasn't revealed the next step is to keep me from being distracted, so I can concentrate on this step. I don't know but I wrestle with this...not all the time but enough to keep me up. I just don't want to be doing something if it isn't really what He has in stored for me. So, I plan to spend that time away during my vacation to seek God's heart...for revelation and manifestation of His will...for His Spirit to continue to speak and move around me and through me.
So, hopefully I will end the year on a good note and start the next in the right way as well. This year has gone by so quick. I hear they tend to do that as one gets older. I can't believe I'm 25 next month...25? Shoot...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home