Monday, January 30, 2006

"They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers." Acts 1:14
Pastor Scott explained this word "all" Sunday morning in a way that made me think about it all day. He said that the word indicates not only the individual in the totality but the totality of the individual as well; meaning that each and every person was there together as part of a cohesive group but also that each person, himself or herself, was totally unified in spirit and intent. He called it a picture of "beautiful community". I had never thought of community in regards to both aspects; not only do I belong to community but all of me must be fully devoted to seeking our King alongside my brothers and sisters.
These thoughts brought to mind a song we sang,"One Pure and Holy Passion" but I felt inclined to replace the singular with the plural.
Give us one pure and holy passion
And give us one magnificent obsession
Give us one glorious ambition for our lives
To know and follow hard after You
To know and follow hard after You
To grow as Your disciples in the truth
This world is empty, pale and poor
Compared to knowing You, my Lord
Lead us on and we will run after You
Lead us on and we will run after You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home