Monday, January 10, 2005

best/worst list

My 3 favorite films of 2004 are Napoleon Dynamite, Garden State, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Interestingly enough, I can't get enough of Natalie Portman or Scarlett Johansson...both of whom are not only beautiful but seem normal enough and can actually act. (Imagine that, actresses who can act!) Favorite movie quotes come courtesy of aformentioned films: 1) Eternal Sunshine-"Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating." 2) Napoleon(the whole movie is quotable)-"Your mom goes to college!" 3) G State-"By the way, it says BALLS on your face." The best music from last year was from Jimmy Eat World. That cd is amazing...it totally blows their last one out of the water, and the last one was pretty good too. I really like the atmosphere they've created and the range of songs is cool...Best book I read in '04 had to be "Soul Survivor" by Mike Pilavachi... he had alot of insightful things to say with cleverness and clarity. The best thing I got myself was my Honda Civic...the biggest thing I've ever purchased...second best was my Motorola V80 cell phone. The best thing I gave was a bundle of first issue comic books( like first issue X-Men)...it was really tough but was for a good cause so, its all gravy. Best thing I got from someone was a thank-you note...it was very meaningful given the circumstance. Best lesson learned was to stop speeding...don't actually know if I've mastered that one yet. Best times of last year was in Vegas with my buddies...second best was in SB. Best form of entertainment I got was Xbob Live...2nd best was the board game Stratego:Lord of the Rings edition...sweet! Funniest moment was witnessing J-dogg consume two handfuls of red peppers...my stomach felt like it did a thousand sit-ups in 5 seconds...oh so funny, the hardest I laughed in about 2 years! Best thing I did was plan things for other people...I have a good time seeing my friends having a good time. Most meaningful time was at a spiritual gathering with some close friends in December. Most memorable time was watching MJ share her testimony...I was so proud of her, how she has grown so much in such a short time, it imprinted in my mind what "community" is really about-the sharing of our lives, living where God meets us with others. Boldest thing I did was get a tattoo especially considering how low my pain tolerance threshold is...I was kinda surprised myself. Best addition to my daily routine is starting this blog...I've been slacking as of late though. Best party I attended last year was Aaron's at Miyaki's...he was flat out hilarious while we were watching Elf(just ask Megan). Best Halloween costume was my friend in his semi-inflated sumo suit...therre were laughs all nite long. Best moment on TV was that whole "wardrobe malfunction" debacle...it had me chuckling to myself whenever I heard it for months...2nd best was Jon Stewart on "Crossfire"...that guy is so wickedly witty, unassumingly intelligent, under-the- radar hilarious(him and ESPN make me long for cable TV)...3rd was Will Ferrell on the Tonight show where he told everyone he named his son "Magnus". Best holiday was Labor Day...had a really good time at the beach chizillin' wit' my peeps.

The worst movie I saw last year was Alexander(I didn't even finish it)...second worst was Coffee and Cigarettes(thanks Adam). A cd I should have burned instead of buy was Gwen Stefani's...it made me appreciate No Doubt a tad bit more...another bad one was JayZ/R.Kelly(don't ask). Worst thing on TV were all the junk reality tv shows (except Survivor and the Apprentice) like Biggest Loser, Wife Swap, the Swan, Elimidate, The Bachelor #73...there are many more , unfortunately. The worst sports moment was when...it pains me to mention this...the flippin' Sox beating my Yanks...to choke like that, up 3-0...it still stings...second worst( this hurts too) was the dismantling of my Lakers in the NBA finals... 2004 was a bad sports year for me. Worst thing I did to myself was trying to wear my hair combed back...it wasn't good, trust me. Worst time was getting tatted up...I don't care what anyone says, it hurts not like a bunch of bee stings but more like infinite piranha bites. Worst experience last year was being disappointed by a good friend...we aren't as close as we were after that point, it kinda felt like losing someone important in my life...second worst was losing my loft-like room when we moved...I loved that place, it was spacious and kinda isolated, big enough to have my friends over and hang out, small enough to clean. Worst thing I did was give up on furthering one of my friendships...second lousiest was giving someone the finger while driving...that was also my most embarrasing moment...as soon as it went up, I said to myself,"Dude, you're such an idiot!" What I missed most last year were my buddies MJ and Meg who both left SJ...one for work and the other for school...second thing I missed most were new episodes of "Friends"...my Thursday nights still don't feel right( "Joey" just doesn't do it). Worst holiday was Valentine's...for obvious reasons.

I'm sure there are a bunch of things that I've missed or have totally forgotten. 2004, overall, was better than 2003. I'm looking forward to a, hopefully and prayerfully, different and challenging 2k5.

2 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

no prob danny. i've got plenty of movie recommendations. i seem to remember wanting to watch a movie about a canadian banker played by phillip seymour hoffman - i heard it's sweet. yankees :-(

2:00 AM  
Blogger danny said...

Bro, why ya gotta go and bring up the Yanks man?

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home