Sunday, October 23, 2005

SNL 2/ Conan 1

I've had a pretty sweet weekend. Friday, I made it on Late Night with Conan...I was the first one in line at 4:30 in the morning. I know, crazy right? However, it was worth it because, unbeknownst to me at the time, they bring up the first 3 people in the stand-by line to the studio first before anyone else gets there. So, I got front aisle seats that were really cool...it was me and 5 other people in the studio checking things out for like 15 minutes. Before the show started, Conan came out to say hello to the audience and I actually shook his hand...that dude is wicked tall in person. I think that wave thing in his hair makes him even taller. The guest was the Rock who was pretty funny...needless to say, it was a really good show.
After I got out of that show, I immediately went to stand in line for SNL with a couple of people I had met while waiting for Conan tickets. (More about them later.) So its like 1am and Bill Hader( one of the new guys/he does a dead-on Al Pacino) comes and hangs out with us in line for like an hour. Then at around two in the morning, I suddenly see Tina Fey walking out of NBC Studios towards her limo cab right next to us. At first, I was like," That can't be Tina Fey" but then I realized that this was her first week back from maternity leave. So, I approached her and asked if there was any possibility of getting a picture with her. Now, I was expecting her to decline being that its like 2 am, however, she was totally cool with it and so sweet about it that she even took a couple of pics with other people as well...this made me love her even more.
(Sidenote: I absolutely adore Tina Fey and have so ever since she moved from writer to performer a few years back. I could sing her praises for days but I'll save them for another time. What I will say is this, she looked great in that picture I took...I mean, considering that it was 2 am and she had very little make-up on and she just gave birth a few weeks back...any woman who could pull that off is hands-down amazing.)
Anyway, the three of us met two other really cool people in front of us which made the wait seem a lot shorter. (More on them later too.) Come morning time, I get ticket#12 which gets me into the show later that night. Catherine Zeta-Jones was hosting with Franz Ferdinand doing the music. She did better than I had thought but I was only looking forward to "Weekend Update" with Tina Fey being back and all. And as expected, it was awesome. Its cool being on the set watching all the behind the scenes stuff too.
After the show, we hung out in the lobby for a bit so that we could talk to the cast members and stuff. I got to talk to couple of guys I really like, Seth Meyers and Will Forte, and take pics with Tina Fey(again), Will Forte, Seth Meyers, Rachel Dratch, and also said whatsup to Pat Riley(one of the best NBA coaches ever). You would think that they would rush out of the building not wanting to be bothered but all of them were extremely cool...taking pics, signing stuff, really conversing with you as opposed to just nodding their heads.
Once again, SNL was a cool experience. I'm looking forward to doing it again and meeting more awesome people in line. Thats like half the fun right there. I gotta definitely do Conan again. I also wanna see Jon Stewart as well. Maybe Letterman..we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home