Thursday, January 19, 2006

New Orleans MT-1


New Orleans was such a remarkable experience...as I attempt to put my initial response in words, I'm overwhelmed by the range of emotions and thoughts that flood my mind and inundate my heart. If I had to wrap this experience into one word, it would be humbling...the trip to New Orleans was very humbling in all aspects. As I traveled around the city and talked to people, I could feel the pain still lingering beneath the smiles and hospitality. However, I also got a strong sense that such tragedy and loss was giving way to hope and love, that broken hearts are mending as crushed spirits are rising once again. I think I still need a few more days to digest everything that transpired mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally and allow it to soak through...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home