Friday, January 06, 2006

[stones from the river]2


I wanted to wait until I absolutely knew what I wanted to be inked forever on my skin(as in something I wouldn't regret later on). I was also hoping someone else would get one with me and, sure enough, the stars were aligned just right as one of my best buds was gonna get inked too. The tattoo is in kinda in reference to Jesus' words in Matthew," If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." I've always been attracted to the image of the Celtic ringed cross. The flawless circle symbolizing the unconditional love God has for us, pointing out not only such perfection but its endlessness as well showing us how His love has no beginning or conclusion...He has always and will always love me. Furthermore, such love isn't such a idealistic notion but was demonstrated on the cross through the person of Jesus Christ. The words running down are "Our Father" in Greek, taken from the Lord's Prayer. These two words opened my heart to things I had lived without...such small, simple words with life-changing meaning. God began to breathe new life starting with those words and continuing with the rest of the prayer. That was a turning point; as I look back, I'm glad took the time and effort to praise Him and distinguish it from the trivialities of life.
As I ponder this new season of life here in New York, I feel inclined to do the same as I have done before; to get inked again in remembrance of how He has lead me here and the richness of this current adventure. An in similar fashion, I'm in no hurry...just waiting for the right moment coupled with the spirit of inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home