Wednesday, February 01, 2006

People used to say that one should never speak of religion and politics in public let alone mix the two. Nowadays, the boundary that separates those two establishments has been blurred especially with the Bush administration and emergence of the "Evangelical" majority. I regard politics the same way I regard taxes, as a necessary evil. But to ignore the political arena in this time and age would not only be neglectful but fool-hardy; I believe our generation cannot take on essential social issues that are both relevant and biblical without, at least, being aware of the political strings attached to such endeavors. If anyone is remotely interested to know where I stand politically, this post from last year will paint a pretty good picture. The LA Times just came out with a great article which echoes some of the sentiments that I share as well. Its nice to hear others think along the same lines as you do sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home