Sunday, October 30, 2005

SNL 3 / the 411

Another sweet show last night. Lance did pretty well being that he isn't an entertainer, and his fiance, Sheryl wasn't too shabby either. I took my first pic with Amy Poehler; I was actually a little taken back by how beautiful she is in person. I got to hang with Will Forte for a bit again. I also met this guy named Louis and his wife, Jamie, who have been coming to the show for like 30 years. They actually have permanent seats for SNL but still enjoy standing in line to be part of the whole experience. It was cool because he knows everyone related to SNL;they all come over and talk with him and some of them even went to his wedding. The whole night, he's telling stories after stories about the show and the cast. Pretty cool guy.
The 411 was amazing again this morning. I'm really starting to feel that this church is where I belong. The people are wonderful, the teaching is very deep and challenging, and the worship is...is special. They did a song this morning that I had heard for the first time last week...its incredible:

God of Glory, God of Might,
King of Heaven, Lord of Light
Though my ways are less than wise
I come to praise You (I come to praise You)
Jesus, Master, Savior, Friend
Your mercy seems to have no end
And though all I have to bring is sin
I come to praise You ( I come to praise You)
And my rightousness, is as filthy rags
But You exchange them for the good things that You have
Lord, I want to sing...
I wanna sing You a song, I wanna lift up my voice
As I lift my hands, Lord I make my choice
That from this moment on until the end of my days
I want to offer up my life as a sacrifice of praise,
As a sacrifice of praise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home