Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm turning 26 tomorrow which isn't all that cool but what makes it stand out in my mind is the fact that I'll officially be over my quarter-life crisis. Now before you scoff at the notion of a "quarter-life crisis", I must tell you that I once thought the idea to be absurd as well when my friend MJ told me about it. Not only was she claiming to be going through one but she was also reading this book which was supposed to reveal the intricacies of such a life-altering event. I hadn't given the whole thing much thought until the other day when I realized how tumultuous this last year has been for me: the shift in perspective, location, vocation, spiritual journey...this huge upheaval from San Jose where I've lived 23 of the 25 years of my life to New York City where I had to begin everything fresh...I remember the confusion and frustration towards God, the constant prayer for something new to begin, the heavy-heart that weighed me down at the start of 2005...all that turned around now for which I'm absolutely thankful. All that when I was 25...coincidence? I don't believe in random chance so maybe I have struggled and came out of such a thing with the help of the Spirit leading and nudging along the way. And honestly, I wouldn't want it in any other fashion. I'm just glad that whatever it was, its over with.
By the way, yes, you were right MJ. But I don't even want to hear anything with the words "mid" or "life" in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home