Friday, February 04, 2005

It would seem that I've been inundated with a myriad of great quotes lately. I've always enjoyed a good one or two but some great ones have found their way to me one way or another. These are sent to me from my good buddy Aaron.

'My lord God, I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself, and the fact that I think I am following your
will does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you
does in fact please you.' Thomas Merton

'But the simple fact of being for one hour in the presence of the Lord
and of showing him all that I feel, think, sense, and experience,
without trying to hide anything, must please him.
Somehow, somewhere, I know that he loves me,
even though I do not feel that love as I can feel a human embrace,
even though I do not hear a voice as I hear human words of consolation,
even though I do not see a smile, as I can see in a human face.
Still God speaks to me, looks at me, and embraces me there,
where I am still unable to notice it.' Henri Nouwen

Even as I sit here posting this, I don't know what to say. These words echo in my mind...their meaning resound in my heart...on one hand, they offer hope and a sense of belonging greater than myself...yet on the other, I desire to rejoice with him as opposed to just knowing I'm pleasing him. I've been on this portion of my journey for too long w/o experiencing his warmth radiating on my soul...it is not enough for me to know to find joy and peace in him but everything in me longs to experience thses gifts with him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home