Tuesday, October 11, 2005

On the way home from Boston, I was thinking about the things I remember most from my childhood up 'til now. I realized the things I remember weren't actually "things", in and of themselves, but times and people...more specifically times with people. I can recall specific instances of being with someone or someones that directly affected me in one manner or another; in my recollection, I can hear conversations that shifted my paradigms of life and faith and fun; these moments in time have been frozen in my mind in a way that makes me wonder, if the majority of the experiences in our lives are comprised of times with people, then why all this emphasis on accumulating more and bigger "things"? Is it so we can share in more experiences with more people? I'd like to hope so but I think thats a bit idealistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home