Monday, March 13, 2006

me and the 411

Last night was the final meeting of our Connections group which is basically the new members class at the 411. Pastor Scott shared the origin of the church and the vision and planning behind it all. Its a very cool and intricate story that shows how God is using people and circumstances to love this great city. Hearing all the background stuff and Scott's heart for this special ministry in NYC really made me desire to become a bigger part of God's work here with this community of faith.
What's funny is that before I moved out here, I believed God would lead me to such a church. This might seem strange, but I had prayed for specific conditions for Him to meet in whatever church He would connect me with. That might sound weird or picky or whatever but I really knew that such an environment would be the necessary step in my development and maturity as a disciple of His. So I was like," Father, you know what I need but just for the record, how about this, this , and that." And you know what? God totally honored my prayer by bringing me to the 411. This church is centered around many of the things I had asked God for...its incredible when I think about how I knew I belonged here from the very first Sunday I visited. It is such a wonderful gift from the Lord...one I'm most thankful for right now in my life. To be part of this awesome ministry, surrounded by amazing people, in a place that is so ready for something more than what life itself offers...I'm getting goose-bumps as these thoughts and dreams run through my mind...

4 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

that's beautiful.
praise God

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shannon says:
dan man i'm really happy for u and hope that i will find a place i feel so at home at as well. i am also selfish and sad for me because i have a great feeling that u won't ever return to us. but at least we had a season. i love u friend. and i mean, i can always visit...well..not always, but hopefully sometime.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shannon also says:
but i am mostly happy and excited for u and the blessings God has given u. yay for blessings!

9:33 PM  
Blogger danny said...

Hey guys, your words of encouragement mean alot...I'm equally thrilled for your new endeavors in SF, Adam, and for your mission trip to Mexico, Shan. Haha, I wouldn't say I won't ever return but if I move to Manhattan, that likelihood is very slim.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home