Monday, July 10, 2006

Soul Survivor

I just finished re-reading Mike Pilavachi's book "Soul Survivor-Finding Passion and Purpose in the Dry Places" again...I love to go through this book because I always pick up on things I miss before. I think I've gone through it 4 or 5 times and every time, God has used different passages to speak to me; this time was no different. Here are some things Mike says that God has lead me to wrestle with:
"To attempt to change a world without being changed ourselves is a hopeless task."
"This adventure is only for those who are committed to being a voice to, and not merely another echo of, society. It is for those who want to be passionately committed to Jesus, to the King and His kingdom. It is only for those who are sick of superficiality both in themselves and in the Church. Above all, it is for those who long to be 'transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory'(2 Cor. 3:18)."
"God is not interested in a satisfactory working relationship with His people. The passionate God wants a love affair with His Church, a love so strong that we know we could never live without Him."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home