Wednesday, January 04, 2006

5 months into this new adventure, 4 days into this new year and living here in NYC still seems surreal. As I was having lunch in Manhattan yesterday, I looked out the window onto the wet street filled with people and cars and stores and started to laugh at the strange turn of events that has lead me to life here in the city. On the surface, a series of random occurrences and chance happenings seemed to have funneled me down this current path but I know better. I don't believe in coincidences, and I believe one create one's own luck. God has revealed the next few steps for me to take, and I'm just taking them with a spirit of enjoyment and gladness. I really don't need to see past those plans; in fact, I don't want to know more than that. I've learned to operate on the stuff He's set before me until He replaces it with other stuff. (Although, I'm quite thankful that He has placed NYC on my plate.)
Thanks be to Thee, Jesus Christ
Who brought'st me up from last night,
To the gladsome light of this day,
To win everlasting life for my soul,
Through the blood Thou didst shed for me.
Praise be to Thee, O God, for ever,
For the blessings Thou didst bestow on me -
My food, my speech, my work, my health
Morning Prayer from the Carmina Gadelica

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home