Monday, May 01, 2006

2006 NFL Draft

A few months ago when I heard that Radio City Music Hall was gonna be hosting the 2006 NFL Draft and that it was free to the public, I was ecstatic...I couldn't wait to get into the show. Ric, Lindsey, and I waited in line Friday night to get our wristbands at midnight. Needless to say, it was a long night of football smack talking. The biggest and funniest skirmishes were between the Cowboys and Eagles fans...simply hilarious. I love hearing conversations that start and end with "Cowboys suck!", hahaha. (Even though Lindsey is a Dallas die-hard, I overlooked that because, well, I chose to be the bigger person.) The draft itself was really cool although it kinda dragged a bit after the top names were called, plus we were all drained and tired of ridiculously-priced hotdogs. There were some big surprises but my boys Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart made the top ten. I'm so looking forward to this football season to watch the two USC Heisman winners do damage in the NFL. And despite what some people say, they did win two national titles. Thank you very much.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you're standing next to a Dallas fan... ...and smiling.

10:14 AM  
Blogger danny said...

I know, I know...I blame it on the hysteria caused by actually being at the draft.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TWO national titles? It is usually at this point where I would enter into a moving soliloquy based on FACT and remind this misguided blogger that USC only has ONE BCS trophy from the years of Leinart and Bush. The BCS, of course, being the agreed upon method for deciding the national champion in NCAA. I would then remind this blogger that, even though the BCS is an obviously flawed system, teams cannot just claim that they actually won the championship after not having even played in the BCS title game. If you don't like the system you agreed upon, then change it for next time, but don't whine about what just happened. Be a man and realize you are not the first team to be screwed over. THEN I would remind this blogger that a bunch of commentators mentioning "two national chamionships" is meaningless, because it was the SPORTSWRITER's poll (AP) that had had USC at number one. Just because they have a louder voice with which to whine, it doesn't make them correct. And it belittles the other one-loss team that actually WON the national title that year--the LSU Tigers. Then I would again remind this blogger that USC only has one trophy. Now, you can cross your eyes and try to make it look as if you have two, but it will never change the truth--the truth that the other trophy resides in Baton Rouge.

That is what I would normally say, but alas, like this blogger has claimed, I choose to be the bigger person.

10:15 AM  
Blogger danny said...

Since we're speaking parenthetically, I would remind the previous commenter that material possessions such as trophies are not as important as vaunted achievements such as the actual national titles themselves. Baton Rouge can have all the trophies they want since SC isn't too concerned with such hardware. The very fact that the NFL draft deemed it truthful enough to list two titles as achievements for both Bush and Leinart further validates what most people(who aren't in denial) already know. But I'll be the bigger person and not repeat it again.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home