Saturday, December 17, 2005

My special ability take tests and finals never cease to amaze me. It think it is largely due to to my incredible short term memory capability...seriously, I have an uncanny 24-48 hr photographic memory. A lot of people procrastinate and wait until the last minute to cram everything in but I really have to wait until the night before or else I won't retain anything. Then the next day I just do a full mind dump and its all good after that. I mean, I'll sometimes recall the actual page the info was on...I can see the the photo on the page, the way the paragraphs were constructed, the outline of the text; its kinda weird now that I think about it.
This is one of the reasons why school always came easy for me. Our society loves to assign success and intelligence based upon tangible results and, I guess, some of my strengths are tailored for that type of evaluatory process. On one hand that type of grading system is unfortunate and, sometimes, dangerous because it is so limited in its scope; there are so many other "intelligences" that can't be measured, at least not by pen and paper. On the other hand, I'm not complaining too much since its perfectly suited for my "skills".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home