Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
What is unconditional love? How do you love people completely before even meeting them or, in some cases, after meeting them? Furthermore, how do you do so knowing full well that they won't reciprocate that love? How does both joy(for those who love Him back) and sorrow(for those who don't) co-exist simultaneously in God's heart? It blows me away to know that as the Lord looks upon me, my life brings Him honor as much as it brings Him pain; that I'm equally His masterpiece as well as His heartache.
If I were to know that the very thing I would create to love me would neglect me instead, I don't think I would go on creating it let alone die for it one day. But I guess that is why I cannot fathom such infinite love that washes over me, bringing me to my knees...my response? Humbly accepting His gift, living through Christ in a manner which, hopefully, brings Him more joy than sorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home