Saturday, November 26, 2005

Aslan

I just finished reading all 7 books in the Chronicles of Narnia this morning. I really liked them as kid but I read them all out of order and with no context in mind. Even so, the mystery and wonder contained in these stories really transported me into another world...I can remember being forced to go to sleep because I had to read one more chapter...and one more chapter...and just one more chapter. However, after reading them again, the same stories and characters carry much more significance and meaning. Having read C.S. Lewis' other non-fiction works and knowing about him as a person, these books reveal more than just fantasy and imagination. The words paint amazing portraits of the Christian faith, the stories depict moments familiar to all believers and offer an awesome and poignant description of what/how/why God is...to list these literary instances would be too much here and wouldn't have the same effect as if they were experienced within the context of C.S. Lewis' beautiful world. During the course of these adventures, I rarely felt as if I was reading the words but more like I was feeling them. I will admit that I'm a little bummed that I've reach the end so quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home