Tuesday, October 25, 2005

soo heated!

I was sooo pissed yesterday! I don't remember ever being this upset...I'm a well-balanced, laid back individual so for me to become this angry was a little surprising. I've been trying to get my phone back from the DA/NYPD for over 2 weeks now. I left 5 messages for the DA within a two week time-span without him returning any calls. I finally get the department to authorize the release of my cell. So I go all the way down to mid-town and have to run in the pouring rain to get to the office before it closes. I get there and they send me to police head-quarters to pick it up which is another 4 blocks away and about to close. So, I hurry out of the building and fly down to police head-quarters and have to go thru two backpack searches just to enter the building. I finally get to the Property Clerk window, and after 15 minutes of walking around, the clerk tells me that they don't have it. Now, I'm right there about to explode...but I control myself in order to figure things out. The clerk informs me to return to the precinct and speak to the property officer there b/c there isn't anything they can do here. So I ask her to write that down for me so that I can prove to the property officer that I've been to here to police head-quarters.
Before I continue let me say this; up to this point, I've been as calm as I can despite knowing that I'm totally getting the run-around. I have all this tension boiling beneath the surface from being frustrated at this whole thing. I'm mildly livid but still okay. However, all that changed in a second...there are only a few things someone can do to make me lose it; one of which is to laugh in my face while I'm angry...so as she is writing down some stuff, she's chuckling sarcastically the whole time even as she hands it to me. So right then and there, I just...I just couldn't take it anymore. I have never wanted to punch someone more than I did right there. A couple things stopped me; first, she was a chick and second, she was a cop. But I digress. The moment I took the note from her, I "expressed" my anger for a good five minutes. She stood there in shock like she couldn't believe what was happening. After which, I stormed off and slammed the flippin' door as I walked out. I didn't even care at that moment if I was in trouble or not. I was so pissed, it wasn't even funny!
I get outside and immediately find the closest payphone which was like 2 blocks away. I was so upset I didn't notice I was getting soaked until I started dialing. I called the DA's office and left a message reflective of how I was feeling at that moment. The other thing that got to me was the fact that there wasn't anything I could do anymore until the next day. So, I would be this upset the whole night which made me even more pissed. Now, I'm fuming...steam is literally coming from my head b/c it so cold outside.
I took a minute to sit down and was like,"I gotta do something to get my mind of this." There wasn't any one to call b/c I didn't have my phone; I wasn't in the mood to sit thru a movie either. So, I did the one thing that I knew would definitely put me in a better mood...hahaha...I went shopping...how funny is that?
And it so did the trick...on the subway home, I had forgotten about the cell phone and the my encounter with the clerk and everything. I was just thinking about the stuff I had found on clearance at American Eagle. What a dork, right?!
And so I was finally able to get my phone back today. You don't know how much I've missed that thing...its ridiculous. Thats like my most prized-possession right now. Its never gonna leave my sight again!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dang man that sounds like the worst day ever. reading it and knowing you make me feel almost the same. Glad you got that phone back. Glad ther isnt a next day of the same!

Shopping it great lol

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home