Monday, December 13, 2004

first house party

I was at Kristi and Craig's new house last night, and even though it wasn't completely done yet, it was really cool to hang out in. It wasn't the windows(which looked sweet) or anything in particular that really stood out but what captivated me was the fact that this home is something that they have literally built from the ground up together. My family doesn't own a home, and so I look forward to that day when I do with great expectation. But to be able to design and construct a home yourself where your family grows together, a place where everlasting memories are formed, where so much life transpires...it truly blows me away. The image of them working with their hands day in and day out to accomplish this remarkable feat makes their new home so much more meaningful and special for the years to come.
And its the same thing with Adam and Aaron's place up at Kirkwood. I don't know what it is about using your hands and feet to build your own house...I've noticed it with several of my good friends...maybe because I'm not a part of that process, I don't really understand or fully grasp it but nevertheless, it still amazes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home