Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Tough call

I finally engaged in an extended period of physical activity yesterday or "exercising" I guess you could call it. I ran on the treadmill at home for 20 min, did some stretches that I use to do in karate, some push-ups and sit-ups, some basic karate movements...and wow, am I sore today! I haven't done anything remotely close to that in about...I don't even when...how pathetic is that? Its gonna take every ounce of discipline in order to establish this as a daily routine. What makes it even more arduous is the fact that I despise running...I can imagine doing so many other things in that period of time...my buddy Adam runs all the time...the guy runs as much as I drive I think. But its time that I get back into shape...what was the catalyst for this change? Well, my buddy Chase just graduated from the Marines, and I figure if he can do all that, I can at least do a little running and working out. I figure I can partake in some form of physical activity daily for about 45min which is equivalent of one game of Madden football on Xbox live. So, I basically have to choose either Madden(fun!) or physical activity(boring yet helpful)? This used to be such an easy decision...

2 Comments:

Blogger kristie said...

you are not alone, my friend. i, too, am making the attempt to get back into putting my body through some regular (grueling) physical activity. i am currently feeling quite challenged every time I sit down or stand up after yesterday's step class. bad news: it will only get worse before it gets better. good news: it WILL get better :)

11:39 PM  
Blogger danny said...

Don't know if I'll make it past the bad news...

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home