Saturday, December 02, 2006

stretched not stressed

With my upcoming trip to Vietnam in five days, cramming for finals in three days, trying to process all the things from the Ethos conference just a few days ago and working retail at the start of Christmas shopping this week, everything seems to be kicked into over-drive for me...school, work, God, family, church, people, sleep, ministry...actually, I really haven't been sleeping since Monday night; I find myself being woken up (I'm sure by the Lord) with thoughts about strengths/talents/gifts and connecting people and creating environments for impactful kingdom-living or staying awake in order to memorize, eh, study. Either way, my brain is filled to capacity. But here's the weird part, I don't feel stressed out by any of this. Sure, I'm nervous about my trip, excited by some new ministry opportunities, and anxious to be done with my exams, but I'm not worried about any of said activities. I suppose its not so weird when I really think about it; I guess its simply God stretching my mind, my spirit, my body, my heart...all these areas are being pushed outside of their normal boundaries, and it feels very peculiar but good. I can feel my insides resisting it too. My number one prayer this whole time is that the Lord will continually break down the walls that I so want to put up immediately; that I won't flee or hide from these moments of truth and growth. This has truly been a long week with no end in sight, hahaha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home